Finance directors: planning for a euro break-up


I’ve been doing some thinking and researching for CFOWorld magazine about what happens if the eurozone begins to come apart and countries start dropping out. Like Greece, to state the obvious.
What struck me was the very emphatic view from one finance director (I can’t reveal a name, sworn to secrecy) who told me he was about to drop his single British bank in favour of a syndicate of banking providers, perhaps three or even four, from around the world.
His hope? That he’d be spreading his risk of being badly hurt by eurozone fragmentation.
The concern, for the time being, seems to have receded, but it’s well worth thinking about corporate policy on dealing with such trouble. Not a pleasant thought experience - but necessary all the same.
Read my full article here... my CFWord article.

0 comments:

Post a Comment